Forums DADman DADman Control Software DADman software feature Requests

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jon ConnollyJon Connolly
    Participant

Hello! I’m a big fan of DAD products, I’m mostly dealing with Avid MTRX Studio, MTRX and MTRX II.  Here are a few feature requests I would really like to see!! I do a lot of system installations and support so I run into these things frequently. I’ve mocked up a few ideas to hopefully better explain what I’m talking about…

– EQ section, 24 filters per speaker channel instead of the current 16. Most of the time 16 is enough but occasionally a few more would be ideal!

– EQ buttons show EQ type, freq and gain. This would show the current EQ type, frequency and gain of a particular filter. When tuning speakers it’s often a bit tedious to remember what filters have been used, which have not and what frequencies they are at…and yes, I like a lot of gain at 1k!! ; )

– Lock the EQ section and/or put it in its window. Password protect or similar. Once a room has been tuned, which can be expensive and time consuming, I would like to protect those EQ/delay settings from intentional and/or unintentional tweaking.

– Polarity button on each speaker please. When tuning rooms it’s sometimes handy to flop the polarity to see how a sub is combining with a speaker.

– Resizable Monitor Profile Configuration Window please!  When tweaking bass management settings, especially on systems with a lot of speakers. it would be great to be able to resize this window so all parameters can easily be seen.

– Ref buttons. An additional Ref button or two would be handy.  I’m in rooms where more than one Reference level is desired… For example, 85db, 82db and 79db.   The current workaround is to duplicate speaker sets and trim them down which is fine but that can be a bit laborious to do on larger systems.

– Ref buttons accessible via Eucon?  perhaps they are already? It would be great (and yes, dangerous too) to be able to access a couple of different ref buttons from an Avid S6 control surface.

– Re-order monitors in the Monitor Profile Configuration Window. I see others have requested this too.   As additional monitors are created/added to the monitoring section, their placement is limited to the order in which they were created. I created a monitor for Slate that I never really need to see and would like to put in the far right end of the monitor list… Or hide it as others have suggested!  Simply dragging it to the bottom of the “Groups” list would be ideal.  In the same way that Sources and Outputs can be re-ordered.

Thanks!

Jon Connolly

Pro Tools Services

Jon ConnollyJon Connolly
      Participant

Unfortunately my mock up pics/screen grabs didn’t make it into my post here…

Jon

David StaglDavid Stagl
        Participant

I’ll second the polarity flip on the outputs. It seems kind of odd to me that there’s no way to do this in the DSP.

Dave
          <div id=”d1walae6″ style=”display: none;”></div>

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by David StaglDavid Stagl.
          LapoLapo
          Participant

I have a few additions to the initial request.

1.  The ability to have more than 3 sources and inputs on the MOM configuration.  A lot of us are using StreamDecks as a monitor controller and desire to sometimes have more sources and outputs.

2. An Official Stream Deck plugin for DAD.

3. Allow the naming of the Thunderbolt inputs and outputs in DADMAN and have those names show up in the Thunderbolt driver of the DAW.

4.  Allow multiple outputs to be selected simultaneously on the monitoring section

5.  Allow the MOM unit to be operated without the need of a hosted app (DADMAN) on the computer

6. Allow re-ordering of sources in the monitor section in DADMAN

Deadly Mix StudiosDeadly Mix Studios
            Participant

Do you have an MTRX Studio, by chance? If so, are you aware the buttons on it’s face are all programmable as well? Between the MOM and the MTRX STD face, you may be able to configure everything you’re looking for.
              If you try it, SAVE YOUR CURRENT PROFILE AS A SEPARATE FILE. I discovered this trick while exploring DADman, having no idea what I was doing at the time; just trial and error. I saved it over my only profile at the time. Then, I discovered what I’d done a few weeks later when I needed to use the faceplate to control the headphone level and had no way to control it. I had to download a default profile again and reprogram it from scratch. I was more familiar with it all the second time, so the reprogram ended up being a great opportunity to master the ins and outs, but it still was a pain in the rear and set me behind schedule on my work that week.

R DomR Dom
              Participant

I support these requests!  My addition: please can we IMPORT a room EQ profile from RoomEQ or Sonarworks software into Dadman? (At the moment for 7.1.4 it is tedious to manually type this in) Thank you!

David StaglDavid Stagl
                Participant

Sonarworks will export a DADman profile.

R DomR Dom
                  Participant

Hi David, thanks, that’s great, have you personally had this working between sonarworks and Dadman?
                    cheers

David StaglDavid Stagl
                    Participant

Yes, I’ve done it a couple times with the latest multichannel version of Sonarworks or SoundID or whatever they call it now. The only issue is Sonarworks doesn’t know what to do with multiple subwoofers, but that is a Sonarworks issue and not a DADman issue.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.